WORKSHOPY CZECH MUSIC CROSSROADS 16 JULY 2018
WORKSHOPY CZECH MUSIC CROSSROADS 17 JULY 2018
10.20–11.20 Czech Music Producers Summit
Pavel Karlík, J. P. Muchow (moderated by Petr Ostrouchov)
– What is the role of a producer in the process of music making?
– How does their work impact the overall quality of the recordings?
– Why certain bands cannot get by without a producer?
11.35–12.35 Studying Music Abroad
Žofie Kašparová, Beata Hlavenková, Patricie Fuxová (moderated by Vilém Spilka)
– How to apply for studies abroad?
– What to expect and how it helps your future career?
– Differences between local and foreign schools.
12.45–13.45 How to Work with PA System On a Live Concert
Radek Lesa, Jiří Topol Novotný (moderated by Tomáš Rossi)
– How the sound engineer influences the concert?
– Why bands should take the engineer’s advice?
– How to find a good sound engineer and does quality of the sound system influence the result?
15.10–16.10 Talent, marketing or strategy?
Chris Eckman, Ivan Duran, Oskar Strajn, Dubi Lenz, Birgit Ellinghaus (moderated by Anna Mašátová and Petr Dorůžka)
– What is most important for an unknown band to start career?
11.15–12.30 Foreign Music Producers Summit
Lucy Duran, Simon Emmerson (moderated by Anna Mašátová)
– An attempt to compare the role of a producer here and abroad;
– International production, multicultural projects;
– A musician and producer in one person.
12.45–13.30 How to Jump-Start Your Career without a Manager
Eleanor Dubinsky (moderated by Anna Mašátová)
– What does it take to be a DIY (do it yourself) artist?
– How to come out of your creative shell to network and connect to the music market?
– Using social media;
– Distributing your music to major online stores;
– Exploring music fairs on low budget (SXSW, APAP, etc…).
15.30–17.00 Speed dating